SMK Seri Tualang appreciate the individuality of all students and give them the opportunity to achieve the highest standards in education in line with the vision and mission of the school as well as taking into account the background and needs of diverse students. This policy covers all genders, religion, ethnicity, academic performance, age and disability.
• To make SMK Seri Tualang a learning center with a positive environment.
• To provide equal learning opportunities for all students.
• To encourage development of cognitive ability and personality of the students.
• Be sensitive to the diverse needs of students.
• Teachers provide differentiated learning opportunities to ensure students havefull access to the curriculum.
• Provide opportunities to meet the requirements of individuals or groups of students.
In order to achieve the above, we will provide
1. Arrange the school physical placement according to students’ needs
a. Learning tools that are appropriate for students with disabilities
2. Ensure that students can learn in a safe environment such as:
a. A safety briefing before doing any activities in school such as in physical education activities as well as before attending any sport tournament out of school or field trip.
b. Training for emergencies and natural disasters.
c. Regular maintenance of emergency equipment
d. Demonstrate the procedure to handle disasters
e. Ensure that all equipment and facilities do not endanger students
f. Ensure safety supervision in the school
3. Assist students in the management of emotions when faced with stress:
a. Individual and group counselling sessions
b. Spiritual program
c. The involvement of teachers as caring parents as majority students staying in the hostel, thus teachers play roles as their parents in school.
METHODS OF IMPLEMENTATION
1. Students with Special Needs
The focus is to provide special counselling services and guidance to pupils with special needs in the school. This focus is also emphasized in terms of welfare, comfort, soft skills and career direction pupils with special needs. Students are encouraged to accept, assist and always provide help to students with special needs.
2. Learning Support
Support for students with a diversity of educational needs and abilities may include content adjustments, classroom accommodations, small group enrichment activities or personal coaching.
ROLES OF COUNSELOR
1. Prepare the annual plan and program guidance and counselling service activities of the school.
2. Identify the needs of school counselling services through needs assessment, questionnaires, interviews and discussions with students, teachers, administrators, school staff, parents and former students.
3. Collecting, preparing,distributing information about guidance and counselling to all students.
4. Manage and implement guidance and group counselling and instructional guidance which stimulates the development of students.
5. Plan, organize,examine, analyze, interpret and report Psychometric Assessment to the Ministry of Education.
6. Plan, regulate and update student records and inventories related to the Counselling Service
7. Design, implement, monitor and evaluate the program and activities of consultation and reference individual or group counselling in relation to the Development and Personality Development of Pupils
8. Support students in Service as Action and Personal Projects.
9. Raise awareness of students’ academic and/or emotional needs
10. Design, implement, monitor and evaluate the program and activities in relation to Career Education Students
11. Plan and implement the program and activities with parents, teachers, non-teaching staffs and organizations.
12. Facilitate students’ transition through homeroom activities based on constructing social and emotional planning.
13. Cultivate self-development of students’ personality, focusing on IB Learners Profiles and Approaches to Learning.
14. Guidance &counselling service also responsible in introducing and facilitating the students to the educational opportunities to further study such as options offered and required for entry.